Thursday, May 24, 2012

Something Blue


One of the places I like going to here in Riyadh (aside from the mall) is Jarir Bookstore. I bought this lovely book :)
Something Blue by Emily Giffin
 






I didn’t know anything about Something Borrowed so I watched it to see Rachel’s point-of-view after reading Something Blue by Emily Giffin a few weeks ago. Something Blue picks up where Something Borrowed left off. If you watched a little scene after the credits of Something Borrowed, you’ll see Darcy running after Ethan in London and a “To be Continued” shows up. I really do wish they’ll make a movie for Something Blue. :)

From the back cover: Darcy Rhone has always been able to rely on a few things: Her beauty and charm.  Her fiance, Dex. Her lifelong best friend, Rachel.  She never needed anything else. Or so she thinks until Dex calls off their dream wedding and she uncovers the ultimate betrayal. Blaming everyone but herself, Darcy flees to London and attempts to re-create her glamorous life on a new continent. But to her dismay, she discovers that her tried-and-true tricks no longer apply--and that her luck has finally expired. It is only then that she can begin her journey toward redemption, forgiveness, and true love.

My thoughts: I love both stories. On Something Borrowed, it’s all about Rachel. But if you wondered what happened to Darcy after finding out that her fiancé and her best friend betrayed her, you must read this book. After knowing that Darcy also made mistakes, I felt disappointed for her. She was a self-centered person. But still, I found myself cheering for Darcy after she proved to me that people can change. She uncovers the ultimate betrayal, but she forgave them. She was determined to have a fresh start in London. It's a touching story with lessons on what really matters in life, the true meaning of Love and friendship. She let them change her.

No comments:

Post a Comment